E-conomic is a financial application (ERP) today owned by Visma. E-conomic manages all debit and credit including financial transactions.
Support for E-conomic as follows:
- Upodi will automatically post generated invoices directly (new, changes and payments) to E-conomic and set payment terms as in Upodi.
- Upodi will automatically post non-existing customers to E-conomic.
- Upodi will automatically post non-existing contacts to E-conomic.
In addition, Upodi support advanced options such as accrual, and departmental booking.
You can sign up for a demo account of E-conomic here .
To use E-conomic with Upodi, you need an account. Once the account is setup, follow these steps to integrate your Upodi account with your E-conomic account.
E-conomic will need to match each SKU of a product plan charge with a product in E-conomic. All product plan charges in Upodi must have a specified SKU for the integration to work.
Secondly, you will need to create a customer-group with a customer-group number of 1337. All customers created in Upodi, will be mapped to this group.
Thirdly, customer number in Upodi must be a numeric value for e-conomic to work.
1) If you do not have a subscription for e-conomic go to www.e-conomic.com and sign up.
2) Setup E-Conomic. Go to Sales, Customers and create a Customer Group with the name of your choice and the group number of 1337. You will need to specify an account for revenues, typically 5600.
3) Setup each of your products in e-conomic with the proper SKUs.
4) Sign into Upodi, then select Apps in the Upodi section, and then select E-conomic.
5) Click on the button Connect to E-conomic*.
6) Ensure alignment between the product SKUs in e-conomic and Upodi.
All Product Plan Charge SKU numbers have to have matching goods in e-conomic, where it is referred to as 'Vare nr.'
There are three options for how Upodi should handle booking of invoices in e-conomic. These options are as follows.
Do not book invoice
The invoice will be posted to e-conomic as a draft, however not automatically booked.
Once the invoice has been processed by Upodi, the invoice will change state from draft to booked and immediately be booked in e-conomic.
Book with invoice number.
Same as "on reciept", however the invoice will be booked using the numeric number of an invoice. Seeding can be set to control the offset of numeric booking, under Setup > Invoice.
You can use e-conomic to book the invoice using GLN in combination with Upodi. In order to do so these requirements have to be met:
- "Try Posting Invoice using EAN" clicked on
- "Customers will be created if not found" clicked on
- Customers to receive the invoice via EAN have a contact of type GLN with a valid GLN-number in the GLN field.
Upodi does not overwrite in e-conomic
We never overwrite in e-conomic. This means if the GLN-contact was not created on the customer during the first transfer of an invoice, it will not be created. It also means if the GLN number is later changed it will not be updated in e-conomic. In this case you will have to update the values directly in e-conomic.
If the customer already exists in e-conomic, or the GLN number changes for some reason, GLN will only work when these settings are filled in in e-conomic:
- NemHandel-type must be set to "EAN-nr."
- EAN-nr. field must be filled in.
- "Deres reference" must be filled with an EAN contact.
EAN settings are required.
Reference contact must be provided.
Upodi can automatically create customers and contacts which do not exist in e-conomic. By setting the "Customers will be created if not found" flag on the configuration page of e-conomic in Upodi upon creating a new invoice in Upodi, we check to see if the contact 'Account number' exists in e-conomic. If the customer 'Account number' does not exist, Upodi creates the customer with all available information.
Customer account number
Please note that e-conomic requires the 'account number' to be a numeric value of a maximum of 8 characters in order to create the customer successfully.
The 'Customer group' specified in your Upodi settings must exist in e-conomic.
If you want to do accrual accounting in your e-conomic system you can choose the setting "Set accrual on invoice lines". This setting makes all invoice lines sent to e-conomic follow an accrual basis, where earnings are reported immediately based on invoice lines, as opposed to a cash basis, where earnings are calculated upon actually receiving the payment.