The first time you sign into Upodi, you will have to setup a few settings. The platform needs these settings in order to manage your customers and their subscriptions.
You will be asked for the Name and VAT of your company. In addition you need to select your Base currency and Timezone.
You can always change the settings later under Setup > General with the exception of the base currency.
Setting the base currency cannot be changed
Upodi is a multicurrency platform, in which invoice & subscription records can be associated with a currency. This currency is called the transaction currency.
Once you have defined the base currency you cannot change this setting due to the multicurrency nature of the platform.
Once set, you will enter the welcome page of Upodi. From here the next steps are as follows:
- Finalizing the General Settings under Setup > General
- Setting up your payment infrastructure. Please read the documentation of the supported payment gateways.
- Setting up default dunning schemes.
- Adding your first product plan(s).
- Adding your first customer(s).
- Adding your first subscription(s).
By default your Upodi tenant starts in Sandbox mode, a mode in which no transactions are carried through and no emails are sent to customers. This allows you to safely set up and test your Upodi system before you make the final switch into Production mode
What the Upodi client does in each mode:
Updated about a year ago